Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Monday to Ya!

So. I know it's been a while since my last post (forgive me, a thing called "Life" has gotten in the way a bit!)  :)
There's absolutely no way I could explain all the hectic things that have gone on in the past month...but here's a quick update on the fam.... because I know you're sooo interested!
-First. Mikey and I have joined with a few friends to create a small group. We aren't cool enough to have a name, so we just call it a small group/Bible study type deal. Our schedules are pretty lame and (honestly) do not allow us to go to church... It is nearly impossible with work. And we both LOVE to eat, so we must work. It stinks...but it's what we have to do right now. Anyway, back to the point. Blake Bostick is leading the study. Our study (this 6 weeks) is on a book called "Sacred Marriage." We're on our 5th week. So far it has been great for all of us. I can not describe the feeling I get when I pray with Mikey. (Sounds corny...I know) I feel like I've made my "Dad" proud. You know? We've never prayed together prior to this study. And do NOT judge me for that either!! lol "Betta check yo self before you wreck yo self!!" But seriously. It is awesome.
Moving right along...
-My aunt Rachelle and uncle Donnie were in a bad motorcycle wreck a few weeks ago. Both were airlifted to the Med. Donnie was released the next day with only a broken shoulder blade (or blades...not sure) and fractured wrist. Minimal damage compared to what could've been. Rachelle got to go home Thursday! Whoop! She has 2 broken legs (one was very severely broken), broken ribs, bruises, etc. She won't be able to put pressure on either leg for about 3 months...but Hallelujah she's at home and her family is taking extra-extra good care of her!
-Now. Back to the Aunt Jenn business!! :)
As I announced a couple of months ago, my sister is pregnant and I will be an aunt in February!! She is doing well. I think the morning sickness and summer heat is kicking her butt, but she's hanging in there. She went to the doctor last week and the baby is doing just fine. Heart rate is normal...everything looks good! :) I'm hoping for a Kennedy...she swears it's a Mason. We'll find out in September! AHHHH!! This is so exciting!! I bought her her very first pair of maternity pants (capris).... she's at that stage (13 weeks) where her regular pants are fitting "a little tight" :) I absolutely can not wait until her belly gets big and round!! :) :)
-Now let me say a big CONGRATULATIONS!! to Mrs. Lee Caldwell for winning Republican nominee for the primary election. ( I think that's how you word it ) A lot of people (not us..we only put in one....possibly 2 total hours) put in a lot of hours in this terrible Mississippi summer heat campaigning for her.... and it surely paid off!! So..YAY for Mrs. Lee!!
-We've also been dealing with some 'family' issues... I won't go in to detail..partly because it's very ridiculous and stupid but severe.  (and let me say...this goes back to the title..McCrory by MARRIAGE!!! Hint, Hint!! ) Just keep Mikey's, I mean, Our family in your prayers. It always seems like the ones who give all they have to give to help others always get burned the worse. Everything will be fine...nothing time (or a good butt whoopin') won't heal, but a few family members are having a really tough time dealing with these issues.
-OH!! I started Zumba! I absolutely love it! Went 3 days last week with my girlfriend Danielle, and we looked like crazy fools, but it was sooo fun! I started sweating about 5 minutes in to it, but I will be super hott in about 3 more weeks...or at least I should be! What little butt I have, I feel like it's going to be worked off! Kat (the instructor) has no mercy on us! :) I will leave this class knowing how to belly dance and (white girl) booty dance! So watch out Southaven!! And bless Mikey's heart for having to deal with me.  :)
-Sorry to bore you to death...but that's our last month in a nutshell. I'm still alive and kickin'....lol God help us!
AND let me just say that I am very thankful for my job. I see lots of little blessings and miracles each day I work and it makes me realize how fortunate I am for my health and happiness and family...even though they are...ummm.. uncontrollable. :)
-Everyone have a good week!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww...Jenn! I just love this! This is going to sound totally crazy...well, not really cause God knows what he's doing. But anyways I was doing my morning devotional and your name popped into my mind to pray for you! Crazy how I just read this today!!! I think it's awesome that yall are doing a bible study together. Nothing like Jesus to draw us closer to him, husbands, and friends!!

    By the way...I didn't think this was boring! ;)

    ReplyDelete