Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

Well Hello there! Happy Thursday!  ...and let me warn you. This blog, or post, or whatever you call it, does not have a single word of sarcasm in it!!! Write it down! lol
I'm stealing an idea from Kim (Let it Snow) for my blog today. She does a blog on Thursdays and tells what she's thankful for...be it friends, family, etc. She calls it "Thankful Thursdays".... So here it goes.
Let me say this first. In our Bible study last week, Blake said something and it really stuck with me. It's paraphrased, but you'll get the idea. He said that no matter how busy he was during the day, he always made time for his wife. Regardless. He said if someone asked them to do something (dinner, movie, etc.) and he hadn't really spent quality time with his wife, he would pass on the invite and just sit and soak up his wife's attention. Although that is wonderful, he said he doesn't do that for God...the one who gave him his wife. I know I am guilty of that. I see my husband every day, and even if it is at midnight, I spend time with him, watching tv, talking, just giving him attention (and he does the same). God (or praying) is usually the very first thing we cut out of our day... breakfast or coffee or nap or a shower or the radio..etc. all seem to come BEFORE God and at the end of the day we never find time to give to Him when He is the one who allows us all of these things. Blake said we should all try to cut out time, no matter how busy or hectic to just take time out to thank God for his blessings and just talk to Him.   Makes sense, right? Well it does to me. I have made it a point to say "Thank You" for at least one thing (usually turns into several) each day.  I'm not trying to get all "Holy" on you, but I am very guilty of being selfish and I know I am undeserving of all the wonderful things I have been given. It's just kind of heavy on my heart is all.  Anyway.
Today I am thankful for (among many other things) my health. I went for a run this morning. (basically had to force myself out the door) Running is a great way for me to clear my head and think. I began to get a bit labored after, I don't know, 10 minutes, and here's where the deep thinking came in. I have asthma. It used to be terrible... I mean out of control. Couldn't participate in gym class b/c I would have to use my rescue inhaler several times. I remember in Sunday school when I was about 5 until I was about 15 I would pray "for my asthma". It was a prayer request every single Sunday. It has been about 1,000 times better in the last 4 or 5 years. (thanks to a great doctor and meds.) 
Anyway, I ran this morning. Back to the subject. I was thinking of how many people would love to walk, much less run, just one time, much less every day. I am incredibly blessed with a healthy heart, lungs, legs, eyesight, arms, ears (I am VERY blessed with ears),  just everything. I am overall healthy. I can do things everyday that a million people only dream of doing. Things that are simple for me. Things like swimming, walking, running, jumping.... Things I take for granted a lot. 
So... Thank you Lord for my Health!! I am so very grateful!!
(and sorry for the rant, it's just what's been on my mind lately)
Everyone have a good and thankful Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment