Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Favorite Kids!

So. Did anyone even realize what time the post was written? Well, in case you didn't, it is exactly 03:00 in the MORNING!! Thanks to pregnancy, a new bump that gets in the way of my stomach sleeping, and this cold that continues to come and go, sleeping is happening only when it shouldn't. Like mid-day. But hey, I'll take it when I can get it!
Anyway, enough complaining for now.
I've mentioned a few kids in my previous posts and decided to blog/brag about them. Actually, I thought of it after dinner tonight.


This is Jake!
We had dinner with Kim,  Jeff, and Jake at Olive Garden (yum...one of my favorites!). Jake is sick...has some respiratory stuff going on and an ear infection. You could tell he wasn't feeling well, poor little guy,  but he was so sweet.  He took is nasty liquid antibiotic like a champ! Jake is 2 years old (see tons of pics and even more bragging about him here) and is at that age where he wants to move. Doesn't want to sit still and doesn't want to hear your reasoning for sitting still. Well, he did so good at dinner tonight! I was so proud of that little guy! You know at Olive Garden they bring salad and bread sticks to your table before your meal. Well, our waitress was too busy smoking (yes, I smelled it even under her tacky perfume) to remember to bring ours. Poor Jake was hungry and kept looking at every waiter carrying food and saying "My food?" or "I'm hungry!"  or "I want to eat."  He said what we were all thinking. Finally the manager walks by and Kim caught her and Bam!! we had bread sticks in a matter of seconds! (she was very closely followed by our waitress with another basket of bread and our salad.) We all dig in, Jake first of course.   He ate some of his food and played with some it...like little boys do. He said some of the cutest little things. The one I remember most is "Don't cry baby!" while looking a his momma and touching her shoulder. Sweet I tell ya!  Oh, and Kim said to him "What do you do when you cough?" and he faked coughed and covered his little mouth with that tiny hand! Ah! I wish all moms taught their babies that! It was so cute! He sometimes amazes me at the things he actually comprehends. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones bringing it out, but I was just looking and listening to him and was thinking, he's too little to know all that! And then of course I started wondering what our child will be like...hoping he or she is at least equally smart! lol
Jake and I last summer
So...moving right along. Let me talk a minute about my nephew, Ben. He is something else. Smart little guy. He's 8 years old and a spitting image of his daddy.  He likes to hunt, talk about hunting, talk about the land and how to get it ready for hunting, football, baseball, playing in the dirt... anything a typical little boy likes to do. One of my favorite things to do with the family is go to Ben's ball games. He is one heck of a little ball player! I like baseball best, but he's a great lineman too! He is just like is daddy...pretty good at just about any sport he tries. We used to spend a lot more time with Ben and his sister, but since they've gotten older, their schedules are busier than ours! I mean that seriously! Ben is so dang funny! I remember a few years back one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard/seen in my life! We were all at Bill and Belinda's house for something. Sitting in the den. Ben goes upstairs for something and comes back down several minutes later. We figured he had to use the bathroom. Didn't think twice about it. Until. Belinda goes up a few minutes after Ben gets down and then you hear a LOUD scream.... BEN!!!! lol He was squished in between Mikey and me on the couch and Mikey looked at him and said "What did you do?!" He of course said nothing. Then Belinda screams again, "Why did you clog the toilet up!? Did you push this stuff down there!?"  Mikey said "Well, did you clog it up?" He said yes. He had taken the entire bowl of potpourri (the kind with the big balls in it) and shoved it down the toilet hole....and even packed it down in there with a knitting needle! They had to separate the toilet from the wall to get it unclogged!!! lol Not funny for them, hilarious for us!  Anyway, funny, great kid! And he's definitely going to be a stud when he gets older! Lord help the little girls!
Terrible picture of me, but great of Ben!
Now, his sister, Jane Claire. Whew. Let me take a breath first. She is something else. She's 12 going on 25. I'm serious. She acts older than I do sometimes. She is a handful to say the least. So busy! She absolutely loves taking care of smaller kids...at ball games or whatever. She plays Momma very well.  She always makes sure Ben is taken care of...Always. She acts like she hates him one minute, but would beat up a kid for messing with him the next. True brother-sister relationship. She only wears the coolest, in style clothes....and probably has more money in her closet than I do! She won "best dressed" at school a few years in a row... of course. She loves attention! (but what 12 year old girl doesn't?) I love spending time with her...and trying to keep up with her. I really talk to her like she's my age. Well, I think I'm getting too old for her! I took her lunch and cupcakes at school for her birthday and she couldn't get me out of there fast enough!! I took the hint and left, but geez! I'm still cool! I told Mikey how uncool I felt, and he said "Well, you're her aunt, pushing 30, and your pregnant. Three strikes and you're out." Really? C'mon! Anyway. That girl loves some Chick-fil-A! She is very opinionated and knows exactly what she wants...and will gladly let you know! I think Shu Shu is probably one of her best friends...spends just about every weekend with her. She is something! You won't forget her once you've met her....especially if she is acting herself :) Love that girl...even if it is 'uncool'
JC last Christmas
So... that's enough for now...just  a little something about my favorite kids!
....well, all my favorites minus one....but she isn't related by blood!
I must have the cutest niece and nephews ever! Can't wait to meet my nephew Mason in just a few months! :)
Good day everyone!
Mikey and the Kids a couple of years back... Ben trying to be cool! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment